mpn_mul_2c

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Fri Feb 24 14:55:36 CET 2012

Here's a patch adding a new function mpn_mul_2c. Like mpn_mul_2, but
accepting an single-limb input carry.

I'd like to have it (and also mpn_addmul_2c) for generating diagonal
terms in sqr_basecase, but there may be other uses.

In the x86_64 assembly, I was tempted to move the initial
multiplication earlier, but when I tried I made mpn_mul_2 run a cycle
slower (problem is that n_param is in %rdx which collides with the
multiplication). Instead I had to duplicate the code for selecting the
loop entrypoint, and leave the old mul_2 code path unchanged.

Added support in devel/try.c, but there are no other testcases.
Comments appreciated.