g++-3.4 bug

Marc Glisse marc.glisse at inria.fr
Mon Feb 20 21:30:38 CET 2012

On Mon, 20 Feb 2012, Richard Guenther wrote:

> Ah, ok - I thought you might have one.  I'm not really interested in
> GCC 3.4.x bugs either - after all this version has been out of
> maintainance for six years...

Yes, my main concern is whether I should let people notice that the
testsuite is failing so they try a more recent compiler, or work around it
by disabling the use of __builtin_constant_p for 3.4.* (and anything
older?).

> ... has have 4.2.x and 4.3.x.  But it seems freebsd is stuck with 4.2.2,
> the last release with GPLv2.  I suppose for freebsd testing should focus
> on LLVM.

which last I checked didn't work with the master repos ;-)
(it doesn't understand the instruction jb,pt in mpn/x86_64/mod_34lsub1.asm
(and neither does oracle))

Note that people who accept gplv2 but not gplv3 are fairly likely to be
unhappy with gmp anyway...

--
Marc Glisse