speed of mpz_odd_p and lazy allocation

Gabriel Dos Reis gdr at integrable-solutions.net
Wed Aug 15 20:29:55 CEST 2012

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 9:45 AM, Marc Glisse <marc.glisse at inria.fr> wrote:

> Note also that I am not going as far as some propositions for the future C++
> std::integer type, which may require construction from int to be a
> compile-time operation (no dynamic allocation).

I think that is very reasonable approach for most C++ in production use
today, which still use C++98 or C+03.

It is also worth thinking (in longer term) about C++11 with a programming
model that includes far more compile-time computation than
previous C++ versions did.  My suspicion is that newer versions of C
will soon include something similar :-)

-- Gaby