Unused code

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Fri Apr 13 15:28:33 CEST 2012

bodrato at mail.dm.unipi.it writes:

  > It is a different information, but a code coverage tool run during the
  > testsuite tells which functions are never called there (on one specific
  > platform, with one set of options):
  >
  > http://hydra.nixos.org/build/2398430/download/1/coverage/

  Very interesting! Moreover you got the current code!

  I can see that the test suite does not exercise really big factorials...
  Maybe checking Wilson's theorem on a single large enough prime might be a
  not too slow way to.

I think we have some work to do, only Marc can be proud of his coverage,
which is 100% both for lines and files.  :-)

We need not worry about limited coverage in the tests themselves, they
contain many lines with error printing which we don't want to be
covered.

To me, the most worrying part is that 20 mpn functions are not covered.