[gnu.org #693634] GMP as dual-license GPLv2+/LGPLv3+?

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Wed May 18 17:02:17 CEST 2011

Simon Josefsson <simon at josefsson.org> writes:

> however to give examples of
> GPLv2-only projects see an old discussion about moving GnuTLS to
> LGPLv3+:
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnutls/2008-09/msg00004.html

I don't have the time to review the whole discussion now, but the
message you link to gives cups and snort as two examples of "major"
applications using gnutls and licensed as GPLv2 (and in the case of
CUPS, I think it's GPLv2 + an exception to allow linking with openssl).

I think that makes the issue a bit clearer.