Cofactor canonicalisation of mpn_gcdext

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Tue May 3 21:42:05 CEST 2011

  Done, and some other minor fixes. Some comments and questions:

  * I renamed xp -> up and yp -> vp, to get more consistent notation.

  * As far as I understand, GMP 4.3 have the new (leaner) requirements,
    and the compatibility note says the extra limbs are required for
    releases *before* 4.3. Correct?

You should should ask the GMP GCD code developer, I recommend a chat to
your bathroom mirror.  :-)

  * The documentation said the needed size for gp and sp is given by the
    size of the larger input, un (or un+1 for the pre 4.3 versions). I
    think this was a typo, and that it's always been given by the smaller
    input vn (or vn+1 in pre 4.3 versions), so I changed this. Correct?

I think you're wrong.  I find it unwise to make such a change unless you
find support for your assumption in old GMP code.