Updating configfsf.*

Marc Glisse marc.glisse at inria.fr
Mon May 2 12:04:42 CEST 2011

On Mon, 2 May 2011, Torbjorn Granlund wrote:

> Marc Glisse <marc.glisse at inria.fr> writes:
>
>  how safe / dangerous is it to import new versions of configfsf.* ?
>  There was a report on the mailing list some time ago about Macs being
>  detected as 386, and the Hydra thing seems to have the same issue (not
>  sure how they end up compiling C in 32 bits and C++ in 64 bits
>  though).
>
> What's Hydra?

Continuous build farm, they posted to the gmp and mpfr lists a few days
ago.

>  On the other hand, upstream config.guess seems to have special new
>  code for when Darwin says 386, which should help.
>
> We might try importing it for gmp-5.0, and see how the night build
> behave.
>
> But please make a quick review of the changes introduced first.

I am afraid I don't know what to look for. There are not many changes. The
main one is that for solaris and darwin, i386 is conditionally replaced
with x86_64. There is also some shuffling of cases, and adding platforms I
had never heard about. I'd say the unsafest part is the removal of a bit
of code that seemed to deal mostly with the a.out format on linux.

--
Marc Glisse