Patch to allow more granular aborting.

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Tue Mar 15 11:32:35 CET 2011

Theo Schlossnagle <jesus at omniti.com> writes:

  I'm confused now.  In a previous mail, you suggested I use the builtin
  libgmp mechanism to replace the allocators.  It appears libgmp indeed
  has replaceable allocators, but then when it goes to allocate they are
  not used. I results in I me being unable to wrap realloc and throw and
  exception on NULL return.

GMP only allocates (reallocates) things when memory (more memory) is
needed, as Niels pointed out.

If you want allocation (reallocation) using the replaceable allocators
to take place also when memory is not needed, then you probably need to
maintain your custom GMP version.

Your statement that "when [GMP] goes to allocate [the custom allocators]
are not used" is simply a misunderstanding of GMP source code.