C implementation of mod_1_1

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Tue Mar 1 12:09:13 CET 2011

> A code review revealed one problem:
>
>    _mask = -(_r > _ql)
>    ... somelimb & mask ...
>
> A comparison operation is 'int' valued, the negation is of an integer,
> meaning that mask will typically be 0xffffffff.

Ooops. I see you have already added the needed casts. I've now attempted
to fix the sparc64 problem.

Can you add MOD_1_1P_METHOD to http://gmplib.org/devel/thresholds.html?
I'm curious on where the new method 2 wins. I might try to write
add_mssaaaa for sparc32 and sparc64 (sparc is the only "obscure"
architecture which both I and GMP understand to some extent. Or maybe
m68k, but as far as I see there's no such machines in the test farm).

/nisse