gmp_printf bug?

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Thu Jul 21 21:32:26 CEST 2011

> I am not sure how to compute the more-than 53 bits accurate logarithm
> tables needed for solution 1, in the very constrained environment of a
> GMP compile.

Is it possible to compute the 53-bit logarithm and improve it
iteratively? I don't know the standard way of computing logarithms
numerically; since its a transcendental function, I guess there's no
convenient newton iteration (but if exp is easier to compute, there
ought to be an iteration using exp evaluation and newton).