mini-gmp

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Wed Dec 28 19:29:50 CET 2011

Rick Hodgin <foxmuldrster at yahoo.com> writes:

> I suggest making components of the native full-blown GMP modular.

That would be nice, but I don't think it solves the same problem. The
point of mini-gmp is that it can be easily bundled (as part of the
source tarball) with other projects, with little added complexity. If
you bundle the full gmp library (some do, e.g., the Pike interpreter), I
imagine it usually would make little sense to actually build a stripped
down version of it; if you already have the full sources and the complex
complex configure machinery, why not simply build the complete library?