Bug tracking system for GMP

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Fri Nov 26 23:44:55 CET 2010

Joerg Arndt <arndt at jjj.de> writes:

  > The hard core way is of course to keep track of this as test cases in
  > the repository. To report a bug, just commit a new testcase which
  > demonstrates it ;-)

  is highly recommended.
  Also keep those tests in the test suite so
  respawned bugs get detected immediately.

For arithmetic bugs, we certainly make sure the test suite triggers
them.  As a matter of fact, the test suite already is very good at
covering all of GMP already.  If you advice us to "committ a new
testcase", it means you don't know much of how we work with GMP since
about two decades...

The most common bug report is about that some ususual compiler with some
unusual options doesn't work.  We then try to generalise the GMP
configure system to deal with the situation.

But in over 90% `of the cases, it is either a user error or a compiler
bug for which we may or may not try to find a workaround.