Mistake with mpn_sqr_n

Vincent Lefevre vincent+gmp at vinc17.org
Mon Nov 15 17:10:58 CET 2010

On 2010-11-15 16:42:25 +0100, Torbjorn Granlund wrote:
> Vincent Lefevre <vincent+gmp at vinc17.org> writes:
>
>   According to the GMP 4.3.2 source, mpn_sqr_n doesn't appear at all
>   in gmp.h; there's just a mpn_sqr_n macro in gmp-impl.h, so that
>   I don't see how it could be used under normal use, even though it
>   was documented.
>
> Somebody must have read the 4.3.2 documentation, but used an older
> GMP release.

Even in GMP 4.2.4 and GMP 4.3.0, gmp.h didn't contain any reference
to mpn_sqr_n. mpn_sqr_n was only defined (as a macro) in gmp-impl.h,
which is normally not even accessible.

According to the bug report, it seems more a problem with the
Fortran interface.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.net> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.net/>