Ongoing GMP developments

Paul Leyland paul at leyland.vispa.com
Fri Nov 12 00:55:05 CET 2010

On Thu, 2010-11-11 at 22:19 +0100, Torbjorn Granlund wrote:

> How about removing the mpbsd functions?  They were useful when GMP was
> new, but nowadays I really doubt anybody uses them.  Would *you* miss
> these functions?

The last time I used those functions was back in the very early 1980s
and then only to verify that my port of them to a new architecture was
working correctly.  I'd be surprised to learn of any one using them in
code written during the last decade, whether as a component of GMP or
anywhere else.

Get rid of them.

Paul