gmp-4.3.2 vs. core i5, i7?

David Fang fang at csl.cornell.edu
Mon May 10 02:12:17 CEST 2010

Hi,
 	A user has reported to me that gmp-4.3.2 fails to detect the
corei5 and i7 family of cpus (happens to be on newer macbook, which I
don't have).  I know this was added to 5.0.1.  Would it be too much
trouble to port over gmp-5.0.1's config.guess and configure{,.in} to 4.3.2
to support the corei family?
 	I gave this a shot by copying over config.guess and patching
4.3.2's configure.in and regenerating configure,... but made a mistake
somewhere.  I thought it best to leave this in the hands of the more
knowledgeable!

Fang

David Fang
http://www.csl.cornell.edu/~fang/