GMP API

Werner Koch wk at gnupg.org
Tue Jun 22 23:02:18 CEST 2010

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 20:54, tg at gmplib.org said:

> You mean, 3 man years for me rewriting GMP outweigh the costs for the
> gcrypt developers spending a week rewriting things to use mpn low level
> routines?  8-)

When you came up with GMP 3 I looked at the changes and figured that it
was too much work to change the low level stuff GPG stuff to the (at
that time) new M4 based code of GMP.

Porting the better optimized code to libgcrypt has always been an option
but nobody felt like it was worth doing that.  It is actually very easy
to do this if you know for which platform you want to optimize.

Shalom-Salam,

   Werner