GMP API

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Tue Jun 22 21:08:03 CEST 2010

Paul Zimmermann <Paul.Zimmermann at loria.fr> writes:

  > Our view within the GMP project is that we will provide an improved,
  > better documented mpn layer for your types of usages.

  in particular it would be useful to document which functions from the mpn layer
  do *not* allocate extra memory (either by alloca or by any other mechanism).

Better mpn docs is on the list.

Why is alloca a problem?  All GMP functions have a stack fram allocated
for them by your compiler.  Isn't that also a problem at the same level
of alloca, which extends the current stack frame?