Jacobi symbol using Lehmer's algorithm.

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Fri Feb 26 14:08:25 CET 2010

> But the main plan is to use it for testing mpz_jacobi, as a reference
> implementation for the case that b is prime or has a known prime
> factorization.

Now I've added some new tests to tests/mpz/t-jac.c:

  * check_jacobi_factored tests (a/b) where a is random and b has a known
    factorization.

  * check_large_quotients tests (a/b) where the quotient sequence of a
    and b contains large quotients, and b is prime. This test is
    currently disabled, since it's quite slow and involves a prime
    search.

Suggestion on how to make the latter test faster is appreciateed. If all
else fails, it could be enabled by some command line option, and the
default tests could include a few hard-coded inputs if this form.