GMP+MPFR to GPU?

Marcelo E. Kaihara marcelo.kaihara at epfl.ch
Fri Dec 10 03:06:37 CET 2010

Dear Torbjorn,

Thank you for your feedback.

The purpose of showing those numbers on the slide was not to compare GPU
performance
with GMP, but to evaluate the possibility of using GPUs as cryptographic
accelerators.

By the time I made the slides, I didn't have access to the fastest GPUs
and did the measurements on a GTX465
(which was the cheapest Fermi card). Latest high-end GPU models come
with more cores and higher clock frequencies.

I'll take your remarks into consideration for future evaluation. Thanks
a lot.

Best regards,
Marcelo.

--