Trial-division interface&In-Reply-To=<nnvdc2numz.fsf%40stalhein.lysator.liu.se>

Tommy Färnqvist tof at kth.se
Thu Apr 8 12:52:34 CEST 2010

> I wonder if a large prime list is useful for other purposes else.

Maybe the new implementation of algorithms for binomial coefficients by Marco Bodrato could use such a list? It seems
Goetgheluck's algorithm does some sieving anyhow.

> Might also be useful for returning a random prime of a given bitsize (basecase of Maurer's algorithm).
> But I don't quite understand the involved complexities.

I guess you do not have to feel bad about not understanding those complexities:
http://michaelnielsen.org/polymath1/index.php?title=Finding_primes

Best regards,
Tommy