Toom-4.5 (aka Toom-5x4, Toom-6x3, Toom-7x2)

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Sun Oct 11 19:25:56 CEST 2009

bodrato at mail.dm.unipi.it writes:

  Hi,

  > I am curious about how the colourful diagrams will look with this code.
  > I just need to find some more, distinguishable colours...

  May I suggest to use very similar colours for all the Toom flavours
  sharing the same interpolation? They are mutually exclusive anyway.
  Use the same, or almost the same, colour for toom43&toom52, a slightly
  different saturation is enough; another for toom44&53&62, then a single
  colour for toom54&63&72 will do... it can be that of schoolbook, they will
  never touch.

There are new diagrams at gmplib.org/devel/ now, with the new toom code
and with an attempt at the suggested colour scheme.

The new functions are all some shade of blue.  And yes, there is a lot
of blue!  :-)

(The Pentium4 diagrams are not updated, nor are the larger-scale
diagrams that should be available by clicking the smaller diagrams.)