Handling of THRESHOLDs

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Wed Nov 25 15:41:36 CET 2009

> I think I'll follow your suggestion, even if it leads to clunky names.
> The three first names are REDC_1_TO_REDC_2_THRESHOLD
> REDC_1_TO_REDC_N_THRESHOLD REDC_2_TO_REDC_N_THRESHOLD.

Since "to" is a substring of some function names, it might be clearer
if you take that out "TO" from the threshold name, or replace it by
"VS".

But it's not clear to me how this scheme is going to work in your
example. Say you have and tune BASECASE_TOOM22, BASECASE_TOOM33,
TOOM22_TOOM33. The BASECASE_TOOM33 threshold would be used only in
configurations where toom22 for some reason is disabled. How will the
code using these thresholds look like?