Shared toom evaluation functions

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Fri Nov 6 21:28:09 CET 2009

> I've worked some more with shared evaluation functions, for evaluation
> in the points ±1 and ±2. To be able to share functions between toom43
> and toom44, I also changed points for toom_interpolate_7pts to use -2
> instead of -1/2.

I have integrated a part I of this patch, doing the 7pts changes, in
my local hg tree. I'd like to have this go into the main tree, but
since I had a newborn before pushing it to the main repository, it's
now somewhat dated and I don't time for additional merging (even if
I'd expect it to be a close-to-trivial merge) anytime soon.

Should I push this as a new head to the repository, to let whoever
feels like it do the additional merge? The parent (from the main tree)
after which I merged the changes are

changeset:   whatever:5506a6aa2337
user:        Torbjorn Granlund <tege at gmplib.org>
date:        Sat Oct 31 20:47:28 2009 +0100
files:       mpn/generic/mul.c
Put #defines in pos 0.

Or I could prepare a new plain patch to whatever is the revision tip
of the day, if that's easier.