Various patches against gmp-4.3.0

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Wed May 6 11:30:13 CEST 2009

Michiel De Wilde <mdewilde.agilent at googlemail.com> writes:

  We have no interest in abusing gmp internals. All we want to do is to make
  "make check" work, as advised on the GMP website. There's no reason to be
  offended.

Nobody's offended.

  This official gmp testing code accesses the functions in gmp-impl.h. If you
  don't __declspec(dllexport) tehse functions, gmp's own tests won't work.

Does a plain "make check" fail for intra-lib calls unless the call
targets are specially MS-exported?  Zany.  But people (myself included,
long ago) have successfully build GMP dll's for years.  WHat is
particular with your "make check"?  (I am trying to find the rot cause
here, I am not saying that you're doing anything wrong.)

  As for hiding internal functions: the gmp-impl.h file is not installed, so
  people can't directly call these functions anyway. Having them in the dll is
  not a big clutter, and it allows the dll to be tested with gmp's own "make
  check".

The internal functions of course should be in the DLL.  They are, as the
name suggests, used internally, for example by documented GMP functions.