Various patches against gmp-4.3.0

Marc Glisse marc.glisse at normalesup.org
Fri May 1 11:51:37 CEST 2009

On Fri, 1 May 2009, Torbjorn Granlund wrote:

> Michiel De Wilde <mdewilde.agilent at googlemail.com> writes:
>
>   o always_include_stdarg.difffixes forgotten stdarg.h inclusion in
>   http://gmp-h.in
>
> Not forgotten, but policy of portability.

... for C. For C++, since stdio is always included, it would seem
consistent to also include stdarg (although that would be a different
patch).

>   o forgotten_cstdio.difffixes forgotten cstdio.h inclusion in
>   http://gmp-h.in
>
> I need feedback from the C++ experts about this patch.
> What problem is this patch trying to solve?

It looks like an old patch against some old version of gmp that was ported
to gmp-4.3 without checking that cstdio is already included at the top of
the file.

>   o visual_c_sun_inline.diffcorrect __GMP_EXTERN_INLINE definitions for
>   Visual Studio and Sun
>
> Do these changes require certain versions of these compilers?  I.e., do
> we risk to require users to upgrade their non-free compilers if we make
> that change?

It has been supported for quite a long time for Sun. Forte 6U2 is I think
the only version that doesn't understand this syntax and is not completely
dead. Anyway, __SUNPRO_C>=0x540 should be safe, if I read the doc
correctly.

--
Marc Glisse