Exact division

Torbjorn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Thu Dec 10 16:38:17 CET 2009

Paul Zimmermann <Paul.Zimmermann at loria.fr> writes:

  do you mean meas/cfg instead (I guess "measured" is the threshold measured
  by the tuning program, while "configured" is the one in gmp-mparams.h, i.e.,
  the threshold from the previous day)?

Yes, fixed.

  I notice on the contrary SET_STR_DC_THRESHOLD got multiplied by 1.22 on
  average.

Indeed.  But perhaps it is one or two machines that cause that.

Perhaps I should be this on geometric mean instead, or some combination
of arithmetic and geometric mean?

  What would be nice would be to have those meas/cfg values also in the main
  table on http://gmplib.org/devel/thresholds.html, with green colors to
  indicate ratios < 0.90, and red colors for ratios > 1.10...

OK, so now brown means the configured value is to low ("down in the
earth"), blue means the configured value is too high ("up in the sky")
and green means it is right...