GMP 4.4 remaining tasks

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Tue Dec 8 09:58:01 CET 2009

> I suppose we could write a special mulmod_bnm1 for the degenerate case
> where 2bn < rn.

I don't think you need any interesting special handling for that case.
What happens is just that the top-level split into b mod (B^n + 1) and b
mod (B^n - 1) are nops, where the "normal" case needs an add and a sub.
Current code handles that (even though Marco has marked that handling as
"ALLOW_MISUSE...).

(BTW, the normal case could use mpn_add_n_sub_n, at a cost of some more
temporary storage, but the current implementation doesn't do that).