mpn_bdiv_q

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Mon Dec 7 15:24:35 CET 2009

If I remember the design from earlier discussions, the function bdiv_q
is supposed to take as inputs N of size nn, odd D of size dn <= nn, and
compute N*D^{-1} mod B^nn. The size of the quotient is thus qn == nn.
{sbpi1,dcpi1,mu}_bdiv_q.c seem to do that.

But the top level function mpn_bdiv_q sets qn = nn - dn + 1, so it
doesn't fit. Test cases also lacking... I'm fairly sure we used to have
test code when developing the various bdiv functions.