gmpbench: Ultra40 Solaris10 Studio11

Niels Möller nisse at lysator.liu.se
Tue Apr 10 15:49:36 CEST 2007

Torbjorn Granlund
<tg-this-will-bounce-but-I-am-subscribed-to-the-list-honest at swox.com>
writes:

> nisse at lysator.liu.se (Niels Möller) writes:
>
>   What's the reason longlong.h is installed? I tend to view longlong.h
>   as a part of gmp-impl.h that is considered to be stable, but I guess
>   historically, the story is different.
>
> It is not installed by GMP's "make install".

If longlong.h is used only internally by GMP, then it should be no
problem to guard the inline assembly with a configure supplied

  #if WITH_INLINE_ASSEMBLER

rather than the compiler supplied

  #if defined (__GNUC__)

I've always thought longlong.h was somehow used outside of gmp. Sorry
for the confusion. What is the LONGLONG_STANDALONE define used for?