gmpbench: Ultra40 Solaris10 Studio11

Marc Glisse marc.glisse+gmp at normalesup.org
Mon Apr 9 17:18:01 CEST 2007

On Sun, 8 Apr 2007, Jens Elkner wrote:

>> The fix will be part of with 4.2.2.  Now, there is another problem
>> with using the Sun compiler, which is that it doesn't support the
>> inline assembly of longlong.h.  That badly hurts your numbers.
>
> Would the following be an option:
> "Support For SSE/SSE2 Integral Media Intrinsics

I have never used the media intrinsics. On the other hand, studio 12 now
understands the inline assembly syntax of gcc. Or actually only most of it
(I believe it does not understand the commutative '%' for instance). So if
you have a support contract with Sun, your best bet is probably to ask
them to make the compiler understand the code written for gcc in gmp.

--
Marc Glisse