gmpbench: Ultra40 Solaris10 Studio11

Torbjorn Granlund tg-this-will-bounce-but-I-am-subscribed-to-the-list-honest at swox.com
Sun Apr 8 20:04:22 CEST 2007

"Myria" <myriachan at cox.net> writes:

  Might that also fix Intel Macintosh, which also can't understand the "global
  offset table"?

No.  Entirely different problems.  The GMP vs Sun assebler problem is
with different handling of applying the movd instruction to a 64-bit
integer register.  If Sun or GNU is right, could be debated.

(I really don't know the problem with Macs, I only know it has not
been ported.  If the problems are due to bugs in Max OS X or due to
intensional oddness of the OS, I don't know.  I have gotten much angry
Mac fanboy mail, and several bad suggestions for how to fix it, none
of which will make it into an official GMP release.)