none

Torbjorn Granlund tege at swox.com
Fri Jan 27 17:08:00 CET 2006

"Darin Ohashi" <DOhashi at maplesoft.com> writes:

  I have attached some patches that will allow gmp 4.1.4 to build on Intel
  based Apple OS X machines.  With these patches applied calling configure
  and then make should work.  On our OS X development machines the
  resulting binaries pass make check without any failures.

  If you are interested in integrating these changes into gmp, I am able
  run builds and tests on our development machines.

We don't want ifdef in the source files, when it can be avoided.
Instead, we define specific files, such as aix.m4, darwin.m4 that
provide macros for loading up data addresses, etc.

Also, please note that configure is a generated file.  Changes
should go into e.g. configure,in.

We will release GMP 4.2 soon; I suggest that we adress x86-mac
issues once that release is out.