GMPBench for Sun Fire T2000

Torbjorn Granlund tege at swox.com
Thu Apr 27 09:40:39 CEST 2006

Greg Childers <jgchilders at uk-alumni.org> writes:

  At 04:24 PM 4/25/2006, Torbjorn Granlund wrote:
  >Please try this patch, then rerun configure and make.
  >
  >Please don't use sun's semi-proprietary gcc, living in /opt/gcc.  It
  >has bugs that will make it fail.  Instead use gcc as released by the
  >FSF.

  The patch works with both the Sun compiler (using ./configure CC=cc)
  and gcc (using just ./configure).  From memory (I ran the tests a few
  hours ago) the system is identified as
  ultrasparct1-sun-solaris2.10.  Using the Sun compiler, the mpn_get_d
  test fails, but that's a documented compiler bug.  All other tests,
  run manually in their respective directories, pass.  With gcc, I had
  to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/sfw/lib/sparcv9 to fix a linking error
  so that the tests would work correctly, but I probably should set
  that to happen at login anyway.  After that, all tests passed.  The
  gmpbench result doesn't depend on which compiler is used to compile GMP.

What sort of gmpbench numbers did you get?