[Fwd: Re: new mpfr release]

Vincent Lefevre vincent+gmp at vinc17.org
Thu Sep 25 18:34:18 CEST 2003

On 2003-09-25 16:46:56 +0200, Torbjorn Granlund wrote:
> To get back to the original issue, about multi-init functions.
> I think we should have good reasons for adding a bunch of new
> functions.  I don't see any good reasons for the suggested
> extension.  Therefore, I vote against it.

They make writing code easier (e.g. one can easily copy-paste list of
variables) and allow more compact and more readable code (though this
is quite subjective). I also thought about having a separate optional
library with miscellaneous tools, including such functions.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated (X)HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International