Detection of stdio.h in gmp.h

Kevin Ryde user42 at zip.com.au
Wed Oct 22 07:48:04 CEST 2003

Vincent Lefevre <vincent+gmp at vinc17.org> writes:

> This didn't seem to be a requirement in K&R C, but if I've understood
> correctly, GMP code must be able to cope with such compilers. Or has
> this changed?

That's still the case.  It must be getting close to time to stop
bothering, but as long as it doesn't cause any great pain it'll
probably stay.

I think the traditional way was for stdin etc to be #defines for _iob,
which would make them candidates for #ifdef.  Presumably if they're
defined then FILE is too.  If anyone has a system where the current
tests fail but adding stdin would fix it then we could perhaps make
such a change.