Detection of stdio.h in gmp.h

James Antill james-gmp-devel at and.org
Sat Oct 18 22:43:43 CEST 2003

Vincent Lefevre <vincent+gmp at vinc17.org> writes:

> On 2003-10-17 15:13:50 -0400, James Antill wrote:
> >  Looking at ISO 9899:1999 7.19.1.3 stdio.h has to (to be conforming)
> > define the following macros...
> >
> > NULL
> > _IOFBF
> > _IOLBF
> > _IONBF
> > BUFSIZ
> > EOF
> > FOPEN_MAX
> > FILENAME_MAX
> > L_tmpnam
> > SEEK_CUR
> > SEEK_END
> > SEEK_SET
> > TMP_MAX
> > stderr
> > stdin
> > stdout
>
> NULL is defined in other headers and most macros are new; stderr,
> stdin and stdout are not necessarily macros.

 See above, to be a conforming ISO C implementation stdin, stdout and
stderr _have_ to be macros. Although it's not uncommon for them to be
defined as...

#define stdin stdin

...this is fairly well known for libc implementors, so I'd be
surprised if any real implementations actually broke this.

James Antill -- james at and.org
Need an efficient and powerful string library for C?
http://www.and.org/vstr/