enhancement for gmp package to be buildable by Intel compiler on IA64

Torbjorn Granlund tg at swox.com
Thu Oct 16 14:42:46 CEST 2003

"Logovskaya, Ekaterina" <ekaterina.logovskaya at intel.com> writes:

  Here is the simplest patch, which prevents using asm inlines while
  building package with Intel Compiler. Please take a look at it. I think
  other gmp users could be interested in this because it would only
  increase gmp portability and therefore attraction.

   #if defined (__ia64) && W_TYPE_SIZE == 64

  -#if defined (__GNUC__)

  +#if defined (__GNUC__) && !defined(__INTEL_COMPILER)

   #define umul_ppmm(ph, pl, m0, m1) \

I don't understand that patch.  We already check that
we're using the GNU compiler ("__GNUC__"), which should
make check we are not using __INTEL_COMPILER redundant.

Please explain.