FAT GMP 5 binaries

Karl Hasselstrom kha@treskal.com
Wed, 14 May 2003 15:30:45 +0200

--tThc/1wpZn/ma/RB

On 2003-05-14 14:53:44 +0200, Torbjorn Granlund wrote:

> We need to decide what routines to put in __gmp_cpuvec. All GMP
> rouines is one choice. All mpn routines or a subset of mpn rouines
> are other choices.

The routines that have been hand-coded in assembly are obvious
candidates for this. For routines written in C, would the speedup be
worth the effort?

> Internal GMP calls would use __gmp_cpuvec[RNUM_GMP_ADDMUL_1]
> directly, via some gmp-impl.h macros. The overhead would be a few
> cycles.

If a large subset of the GMP functions are cpu-specific, these entry
decisions need not be done very often; code that has been compiled
specifically for processor Foo already knows that it wants the Foo
version of whatever subroutines it calls, so the decision can be done
at compile-time. The decision only has to be done at run-time when a
function _not_ in __gpm_cpuvec calls one that _is_ in there.

--=20
Karl Hasselstr=F6m, kha@treskal.com
      www.treskal.com/kalle

--tThc/1wpZn/ma/RB