Athlon XP Single limb multiply

Rickey Bowers Jr. bit at savoldi.com
Sun Dec 21 15:59:23 CET 2003

Sorry I do not use those tools.  The change basically involves putting zero
in ECX and moving that value into EBX - reducing the loop code to 14 bytes -
instead of the 17 bytes currently used.  Padding could be used to make the
loop code 16 bytes as well.

Hopefully, an assembly language programmer which uses AT&T syntax will be
able to incorporate this change for the benefit of all.

A 10% improvement is nothing.  Should I not post any more MASM code?

Rickey Bowers