AMD Opteron / linux

Torbjorn Granlund tege@swox.com
22 Aug 2003 23:40:37 +0200

pchapman@nc.rr.com writes:

  His client code uses the GMP libraries.

  I am receiving an Opteron 144 on an Asus SK8N motherboard running Suse
  Enterprise Linux 64-bit sometime next week. I hope to have it up and
  running on my network soon afterwards.

Beware that Nvidia and Open Source don't work to well together.
Nvidia refuses to let developers know how to write drivers for
graphics, ethernet, etc.

  Anyway I intend to allow developers ssh access in order to port
  code to 64-bit. Would you be interested in using this ?

I and Kevin have Opteron since a week (Tyan K8S 2850, Nvidia free).