[Gmp-commit] /var/hg/gmp: Add more NEWS items.
mercurial at gmplib.org
mercurial at gmplib.org
Thu Nov 7 18:39:23 UTC 2019
user: Torbjorn Granlund <tg at gmplib.org>
date: Thu Nov 07 19:39:19 2019 +0100
Add more NEWS items.
NEWS | 36 ++++++++++++++++++++++++------------
1 files changed, 24 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)
diffs (68 lines):
diff -r 3a70703ec36c -r 3bbb003a2d30 NEWS
--- a/NEWS Thu Nov 07 18:59:12 2019 +0100
+++ b/NEWS Thu Nov 07 19:39:19 2019 +0100
@@ -1,4 +1,4 @@
-Copyright 1996, 1999-2016, 2018 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
+Copyright 1996, 1999-2016, 2018-2019 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
Verbatim copying and distribution of this entire article is permitted in any
medium, provided this notice is preserved.
@@ -7,28 +7,36 @@
Changes between GMP version 6.1.* and 6.2.0
- * gmp_snprintf now correctly reports an error (returns -1) when
- snprintf does.
+ * gmp_snprintf now correctly reports an error (returns -1) when snprintf
- * conversion to double is now more robust even if the configuration
- process does not recognize the float format.
+ * Conversion to double is now more robust even if the configuration process
+ does not recognize the float format.
* New C++ functions factorial, primorial and fibonacci for mpz_class.
+ * Functions to detect primality now substitute 24 Miller-Rabin iterations
+ with the BPSW test.
* Mini-GMP: new functions mpz_2fac_ui and mpz_mfac_uiui.
- * Mini-GMP: mpz_sizeinbase, mpz_get_str, and mpz_set_str now support
- bases up to 62.
+ * Mini-GMP: mpz_sizeinbase, mpz_get_str, and mpz_set_str now support bases up
+ to 62.
* Mini-GMP: added support for the mpq_t layer.
- * Functions to detect primality now substitute 24 Miller-Rabin
- iterations with the BPSW test.
+ * Major speedup for AMD Ryzen and Epyc through extensive set of assembly
- * The n-over-k function have been reimplemented for great
- speedups for large operands handled by mpz_bin_ui .
+ * Speedup for IBM POWER9 through assembly code making use of new madd
+ * The n-over-k function mpz_bin_ui has been reimplemented for great speedups
+ for large operands.
+ * Speedup for gcd for small and medium size operands.
* Internal representation of the mpz_t variables now supports lazy
@@ -36,6 +44,10 @@
* Small improvements and better coverage for the test suite.
+ * mpn_mul no longer diverts to mpn_sqr, users should call mpn_sqr directly
+ when applicable.
Changes between GMP version 6.1.1 and 6.1.2
More information about the gmp-commit