[Gmp-commit] /home/hgfiles/gmp: Fix several typos, make some clarifications (...
mercurial at gmplib.org
mercurial at gmplib.org
Wed Dec 30 03:34:33 CET 2009
user: Torbjorn Granlund <tege at gmplib.org>
date: Wed Dec 30 03:34:30 2009 +0100
Fix several typos, make some clarifications (suggested by Marco).
NEWS | 18 +++++++++++++-----
1 files changed, 13 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)
diffs (52 lines):
diff -r baf844f7dd41 -r ba82afae2121 NEWS
--- a/NEWS Wed Dec 30 02:36:31 2009 +0100
+++ b/NEWS Wed Dec 30 03:34:30 2009 +0100
@@ -12,12 +12,18 @@
* Multiplication has been overhauled:
(1) Multiplication of larger same size operands has been improved with
- the addition of new 2 Toom functions and a new internal function
+ the addition of two new Toom functions and a new internal function
mpn_mulmod_bnm1 (computing U * V mod (B^n-1), B being the word base.
- (2) Multiplication of different size operands has been improved with the
+ This latter function is used for the largest products, waiting for a
+ better Schoenhage-Strassen U * V mod (B^n+1) implementation.
+ (2) Likewise for squaring.
+ (3) Multiplication of different size operands has been improved with the
addition of many new Toom function, and by selecting underlying
- function better from the main multiply functions.
+ functions better from the main multiply functions.
* Division has been overhauled, for both small and large operands:
(1) Plain "schoolbook" division is reimplemented using faster quotient
@@ -32,7 +38,7 @@
gone from O(M(n)log(n)m) to O(M(n)m) where n is the size of the modulo
argument and m is the size of the exponent. It is also radically
faster for even modulus, since it now partially factors such modulus
- and performs two smaller expod operations, then uses CRT.
+ and performs two smaller modexp operations, then uses CRT.
* The internal support for multiplication yielding just the lower n limbs
has been improved by using Mulders' algorithm.
@@ -49,6 +55,8 @@
* The function mpz_remove uses a much faster algorithm, is better tuned,
and also benefits from the division improvements.
+ * Intel Atom and VIA Nano specific optimisations.
* Plus hundreds of smaller improvements and tweaks!
@@ -74,7 +82,7 @@
* The mpn_bdivmod function has been removed. We do not consider this an
incompatible change, since the function was marked as preliminary.
- * The teststuite has been enhanced in various ways.
+ * The testsuite has been enhanced in various ways.
Changes between GMP version 4.3.1 and 4.3.2
More information about the gmp-commit