Problems installing make in gmp
mukhopadhyaymadhurima at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 14:00:11 UTC 2018
I have installed gmp in my /usr/local.
The commands that I have used are as follows.
In folder /usr/local I did
1. sudo apt-get update
2. sudo apt-get install g++ m4 zlib1g-dev make p7zip
3. wget https://gmplib.org/download/gmp/gmp-6.1.2.tar.lz
4. tar xvf /gmp-6.1.2.tar.lz
5. Renaming it as gmp
Then I entered tge gmp folder and ran
3. make check
4. sudo make install.
But after this I am getting a message like
Libraries have been installed in:
If you ever happen to want to link against installed libraries
in a given directory, LIBDIR, you must either use libtool, and
specify the full pathname of the library, or use the '-LLIBDIR'
flag during linking and do at least one of the following:
- add LIBDIR to the 'LD_LIBRARY_PATH' environment variable
- add LIBDIR to the 'LD_RUN_PATH' environment variable
- use the '-Wl,-rpath -Wl,LIBDIR' linker flag
- have your system administrator add LIBDIR to '/etc/ld.so.conf'
See any operating system documentation about shared libraries for
more information, such as the ld(1) and ld.so(8) manual pages.
Is it an error message?
I cannot resolve it anyhow.
Senior Research Fellow
Applied Statistics Unit
Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata
More information about the gmp-bugs