4.3.1 test failures on alphaev56-dec-osf4.0g (Tru64)
tg at gmplib.org
Mon Aug 3 21:29:57 CEST 2009
"Daniel Richard G." <skunk at iSKUNK.ORG> writes:
Building GMP 4.3.1 on a Tru64 system with the vendor compiler and
default flags (cc -fast -arch ev56 -tune ev56) leads to a number of
1 of 12 tests failed
15 of 58 tests failed
5 of 11 tests failed
11 of 26 tests failed
I will be happy to assist an investigation of these apparent bugs.
Apparently you've run into a lot of bugs...
This is one of two things:
1) Miscompile of one or several central GMP functions.
2) Incompatibilty related to the GMP assembly.
I suggest that you nail down one failure, mpz/t-tdiv.c might be the
best. To do that, I'd follow these list:
1. Try without assembly. Use "configure --host=none" in a pristine
2. Try with a static build, --disable-shared.
3. If it doesn't fail, we have an assmbly compatibility problem.
4. Compile with as little optimisation as possible, but with debugging.
I don't know how to do that using the OSF system compiler, but
perhaps passing CFLAGS="-O0 -g" works. If this doesn't fail,
increas optimisation but keep -g.
5. Finally, fire up the debugger for t-tdiv
More information about the gmp-bugs