Bug while using GMP 4.2.2

Pierre astone astone75 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 15:21:09 CEST 2007

I've had several problem using your lib with the program attached to this mail.
First of all i had segmentation fault if i didn't reinitialize the
value of d1, d2 or d3 before every use (comment line 134 for example).
And then after trying many examples on this software i found that
sometimes there were errors. And here is what i discovered: the value
of the variable name tmpm is changed btw the line 133 and 135 even if
i don't use this variable btw those 2 lines.

I've compiled the lib using ABI=32 and --disable-alloca and also
recompiled with just ABI=32 and had the same problems.

output of gcc -v:
Using built-in specs.
Target: i686-apple-darwin8
Configured with: /private/var/tmp/gcc/gcc-5367.obj~1/src/configure
--disable-checking -enable-werror --prefix=/usr --mandir=/share/man
--with-gxx-include-dir=/include/c++/4.0.0 --with-slibdir=/usr/lib
--build=powerpc-apple-darwin8 --with-arch=nocona --with-tune=generic
--program-prefix= --host=i686-apple-darwin8
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.0.1 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 5367)

> uname -a                                                                                                                                                                                     [...minant]
Darwin Macintosh.local 8.10.1 Darwin Kernel Version 8.10.1: Wed May 23
16:33:00 PDT 2007; root:xnu-792.22.5~1/RELEASE_I386 i386 i386

Here is an example of some argument that produce a bug:
> ./det 2342355435354 676144181821329598398277096880755342773492792344589579405 1423524353245 249725864049143675901370918322443713395448468322435400775 2345324523545235 677859381841056178782383890322080851922851158212112029034159235

Thanks for your help

Pierre from France
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: calcul3.c
Type: application/octet-stream
Size: 5885 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://gmplib.org/list-archives/gmp-bugs/attachments/20071024/1ba53a57/attachment.obj 

More information about the gmp-bugs mailing list