bad mpq_get_d results on PowerPC Linux
atossava at cc.helsinki.fi
Wed Feb 11 09:26:00 CET 2004
Thanks for the replies.
>> ERROR (test 612/0): bad mpq_get_d results
>> last: 3.315352422524752e-24
>> new: -1.454567013152684e-11
>> FAIL: t-get_d
> On further examination, this looks like it's gone badly wrong
> somewhere. I think the "last" value there should be about the same
> -1.454567013152684e-11 as the "new" on that test 612.
It gets weirder.
I attempted recompiling gmp to get more messages. I used both the
stock gcc 2.95.4 on this system and a separately installed gcc 3.3.1
for this test. Both went through "make check" just fine.
The only difference I could see between the two attempts is that I
performed the first attempt in a subdirectory of my home directory on
AFS and the path to that directory contains an "@" sign (in the AFS
magic component "@sys").
(The same is of course true of all other platforms I did this on,
which were Tru64 4.0F, Linux/Alpha, HP-UX 10.20, Linux/x86, IRIX 6.5,
and Solaris 7. I used gmake 3.78.1 on all platforms if that matters.)
Perhaps our Xserve is having hardware problems. If that is the case,
then I would expect those problems to show up elsewhere, particularly
under heavy ssh use (we still use the old series of ssh1 which I have
upgraded to use gmp 4.0.1, and the only purpose of this computer is to
act as a ssh gateway between here and the outside world).
Atro Tossavainen (Mr.) / The Institute of Biotechnology at
Systems Analyst, Techno-Amish & / the University of Helsinki, Finland,
+358-9-19158939 UNIX Dinosaur / employs me, but my opinions are my own.
< URL : http : / / www . helsinki . fi / %7E atossava / > NO FILE ATTACHMENTS
More information about the gmp-bugs