GMP 6.1.1 released

Torbjörn Granlund tg at gmplib.org
Mon Jun 20 20:43:29 UTC 2016

A new minor release of the GNU Multiple Precision Arithmetic Library
(GMP) is now available.  The new release is identified as 6.1.1.

The release can be downloaded from here:

  https://gmplib.org/download/gmp/gmp-6.1.1.tar.lz     (smallest)
  https://gmplib.org/download/gmp/gmp-6.1.1.tar.xz
  https://gmplib.org/download/gmp/gmp-6.1.1.tar.bz2    (largest)

These files will appear on the GNU main site as well as its many mirrors
within some weeks.

Signature files are unfortunately not available yet.  Please make sure
to download the files over https (not http or ftp) as a remedy.  Once we
have the signatures, they be put alongside with the files linked above.

The 6.1.1 release is a bug fix release, with a few GMP bug fixes as well
as workarounds for silicon bugs.

As usually, we repeat and underline: please run "make check" after
you've built your library.  And if "make check" stops with an error,
do not use the compiled library.  When this happens, you've almost
surely run into a compiler bug, not a GMP bug, since we've of course
made sure the library passes its own test suite.  The first thing to
try at this point is using a different compiler.  See also
https://gmplib.org/.

We have further expanded the testing configurations to over 1500.
Thanks to both the broad testing and careful development, we expect
this to be a very stable release.

Important changes between GMP version 6.1.0 and 6.1.1

  BUGS FIXED
  * Make Intel Broadwell configurations work on Windows.

  FEATURES
  * Work around faulty cpuid on some recent Intel chips (this allows GMP to run
    on Skylake Pentiums).

  * Support thumb-less ARM chips.

Please encrypt, key id 0xC8601622