GMP 4.2.3 released
tg at swox.com
Sun Aug 3 23:54:52 CEST 2008
Version 4.2.3 of the GNU Multiple Precision Arithmetic Library (GMP) is now
These files can also be found on a GNU mirror near you.
The web site for GMP is http://gmplib.org/.
It cannot be said enough times: Please run "make check" after you've built
your library. And if "make check" stops with an error, do not use the
compiled library. If this happens, you've almost surely run into a
compiler bug. The first thing to try is using a different version of the
compiler. See also http://gmplib.org/.
Changes between GMP version 4.2.2 and 4.2.3
* Fix x86 CPU recognition code to properly identify recent AMD and Intel
* The >> operator of the C++ wrapper gmpxx.h now does floor rounding, not
* Inline semantics now follow the C99 standard, and works with recent GCC
* C++ bitwise logical operations work for more types.
* For C++, gmp.h now includes cstdio, improving compiler compatibility.
* Bases > 36 now work properly in mpf_set_str.
* None, except that proper processor recognition helps affected processors.
* The allocation functions now detect overflow of the mpz_t type. This means
that overflow will now cause an abort, except when the allocation
computation itself overflows. (Such overflow can probably only happen in
powering functions; we will detect powering overflow in the future.)
For the GNU project,
More information about the gmp-announce