GMP 4.2.1 release candidate available

Torbjorn Granlund tg at swox.com
Sun Apr 30 02:03:53 CEST 2006

There is now a GMP 4.2.1 release candidate available, please test it
and report problems and successes to me (not to any GMP list).

The tar file is here:

  ftp://ftp.swox.com/pub/gmp/src/gmp-4.2.1-rc.tar.bz2

The main reason for this release is that the shared library numbers
were very wrong in GMP 4.2 (and, as it turns out, also in GMP 4.1.4).

There were many changes with the powerpc configs in this release,
addng support for BSD's and the eABI.  We don't have hardware to test
these changes, so we will rely on you to help us with that.