GMP 4.1 release notes
GMP 4.1 is upwardly source and binary compatible with 4.0 and 3.x, except for
applications that use the semi-documented
Changes between GMP version 4.1.3 and 4.1.4
- Bug fix to FFT multiplication code (crash for huge operands).
- Bug fix to mpf_sub (miscomputation).
- Support for powerpc64-gnu-linux.
- Better support for AMD64 in 32-bit mode.
- Upwardly binary compatible with 4.1.3, 4.1.2, 4.1.1, 4.1, 4.0.1, 4.0, and 3.x
New features of GMP 4.1.3
- Bug fix for FFT multiplication code (miscomputation).
- Bug fix to K6 assembly code for gcd.
- Bug fix to IA-64 assembly code for population count.
- Portability improvements, most notably functional AMD64 support.
- mpz_export allows NULL for countp parameter.
- Many minor bug fixes.
- Upwardly binary compatible with 4.1.2, 4.1.1, 4.1, 4.0.1, 4.0, and 3.x
New features of GMP 4.1.2
- Important bug fixes.
- Upwardly binary compatible with 4.1.1, 4.1, 4.0.1, 4.0, and 3.x versions.
New features of GMP 4.1.1
- Bug fixes.
- Upwardly binary compatible with 4.1, 4.0.1, 4.0, and 3.x versions.
New features of GMP 4.1
- Bug fixes.
- Speed improvements.
- Asymptotically fast conversion to/from strings (mpz, mpq, mpn levels), but
also major speed improvements for tiny operands.
- Further improved documentation.
- Major speed improvments for HPPA 2.0 systems.
- Major speed improvments for UltraSPARC systems.
- Major speed improvments for IA-64 systems (but still sub-optimal code).
- Extended test suite.
- mpfr is back, with many bug fixes and portability improvements.
- New function: mpz_ui_sub.
- New functions: mpz_export, mpz_import.
- Optimization for nth root functions (mpz_root, mpz_perfect_power_p).
- Optimization for extended gcd (mpz_gcdext, mpz_invert, mpn_gcdext).
- Generalized low-level number format, reserving a `nails' part of each
limb. (Please note that this is really experimental; some functions
are likely to compute garbage when nails are enabled.)
- Nails-enabled Alpha 21264 assembly code, allowing up to 75% better
performance. (Use --enable-nails=4 to enable it.)
- More we've forgotten about...
- Upwardly binary compatible with 4.0, 4.0.1, and 3.x versions.